Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Ron!


As I mentioned in the previous post, we had a birthday party for Ron, Colin's dad. Here's a photo of the grandkids trying to help Grandpa blow his candles out. Today is his birthday. I want to wish Ron a very happy 65th birthday! And no, he has no plans for retirement!!

We had a lovely full weekend. Saturday was delightful as we had brunch with Suzi and her kids. She made us omeletes with screaming seeds. Absolutely fantastic!!! I think I might order some myself. Talk about adding some spunk to plain old eggs!!

Then off to the play for us. Quaint little theatre for young people. Entertaining and Izzy was fabulous in her part as the Mrs Sheep.

Saturday night brought a surprise visit from Colin's cousin Calvin and his girlfriend from WA. I was gobsmacked. I kept looking at him wondering what he was doing there and how he knew we were had moved to. Delightful visit and of course the party was fun. I think Ron was suprised that Leon and Nat came up too.

Sunday morning, Colin had a cricket game against Central Coast and I had a nutrimetics spa party. Basically a reason for the girls to get together and spend money!! Not that we need any reason. THe boys didn't win the game but came back for some R n R in the hot tub:


A delightful weekend. Now it's Tuesday evening and I'm still recovering!! Next weekend I'm off to Melbourne to visit my dear friend Neda and her new bubby (who will be a 2 year old toddler if I don't see him soon!) Looking forward to that.

Also made a purchase today. Will share when it arrives!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos of hot tub and Grandpa's birthday cake!

You even managed to get Leah in one of the photos!