Saturday, April 14, 2007

Be nice to me . . .


I gave blood! I hadn't given blood in years. Probably since I was a student at university. Always intended too. Too many distractions. So got my butt in gear and went to donate. Can't believe the size of the needle into your arm. I couldn't look. Overall it went alright. Takes about 10 minutes (so the lady said). Mine took about 14 minutes because they hit a valve or something in my vein and it went slower than usual. But they rearranged it and off we went again.

Do it. Go donate. Safe a life. One day you might need blood. www.donateblood.com.au is the address in Australia. The rest of you - call your Red Cross. Click Canada for the Canadian address or America for the American red cross. Now you have no excuse!!

Busy day today. Heading up to see friends Suzi and her kids for brunch and then seeing her daughter Izzy in Charlette's Web. Love the story. It's my mom's favourite kids book. Then we're having a birthday party for my father-in-law. PHotos to follow.

Check back often!!

3 comments:

Zaak said...

I have an excuse! I'm in Guatemala.

Janelle Wind said...

Oh Heather you are amazing!! This is something I just couldn't do! I think I would die. You are one special person - hope you feel OK now after losing all that blood! x Janelle

myla said...

you're back online! . . we are back home. . .we never were able to see you guys, but we plan to come back soon to finish our travels. . . kudos to giving blood! :) i'm a supporter :) http://www.bloodservices.ca/