Monday, August 23, 2010

Hung Parliament.


It seems, come Monday morning, that the government who will sit in Parliament House (shown in the photo to the ride) is still undecided. 'They' were correct in saying that this election was the closest in 50 years.

ABC news has the latest updates about the election. The independents have a ton of power here in deciding who rule Australia over the next few years. It won't surprise me if we are headed back to the election booths in the next year or so.

So that's that. Australia has decided, in my opinion, that we aren't impressed with any particular leader or party. The media is talking about having a re-vote but I don't believe this will change anything.

I understand that the federal government in Canada is a minority government (also known as a hung parliament) and Stephen Harper, the PM of Canada, has had the job since 2006 (source at Wikipedia.com). So it can work.

That's enough of politics for me.

1 comment:

Delena said...

time to update your blog - we are no longer in a 'hung' parliament and I really want to know what you're up to :)