Sunday, August 08, 2010

Markets



One of my delights is visiting markets. Art, craft, farmers - love them all. My favourite are when they are held outdoors like up on the Gold Coast. But being winter sometimes they are held indoors. Today I went to Matildas Markets in Sydney with a few friends. Lovely drive early on a Sunday morning with good company makes the trip so quick. It was held at a private school so that included free parking and free admission. Bonus! (Although we needed a little help from some very helpful gentlemen to reverse out from soggy wet grass up a hill to get out!)

I love seeing the designs people come up with and the way their display their passions. I see a lot projects that I could easily do and sometimes I do complete them. Other times I say I can make such things but in reality I don't.

As I wander through stall after stall of creativity and booming business I sometimes think that it was I'd like to do. Make something that other people would love to buy off me. I think that I could something like this. But then I pause and remember that I like to dabble in many different craft projects. So just enjoy what they have to offer - encourage the owners for doing something really cool and move on. I have a chosen career that is fulfilling and provides for my family. I am doing something worthwhile. Remember that I love my hobbies and that is enough.

But it's still fun to explore, talk with owners and be inspired. Love it.

3 comments:

Jo said...

wasn't it great! oh I am so full of ideas ( ideas= distraction. oh dear!) at the moment because of it!!lol! can't wait to go to markets with you again...which ones shall we visit?????

artish said...

the red lantern night market in newcastle? http://renewnewcastle.org/projects/about/project/red-lantern-night-market/

xox

Delena said...

next time i want to come.... pretty please!