Sunday, September 04, 2011

A bit of sewing.

I've had a few sewing projects on the go for a little while and have finished one of great importance. I wanted to have Benny's quilt finished when he moved into his big bed and now it's done and he's in it! He rather loves his big bed and when Colin told him that the bed used to be his when he was little Benny replied "No, it's Benny's bed". And that's his smile these days!



I also used this Chevron Wrist Tutorial to make this cute little bag. It didn't take too long and I got to practice putting in zippers which I'm just dreadful at! It was good doing a quick little project. I've got a few more projects I want to finish and then I'm going to try my hand at something new to me - crocheting. But I'm being disciplined and finishing up what I've got going. Shouldn't be too long now!








4 comments:

Mom said...

This is great Heather - good work and good for you on completing your projects. What a worthy goal to aim for crocheting. It is so transportable and fun to do. Love the purse with a ZIPPER!!! Benny's new room looks so different and really adventurous and boyish! I like what you have done...This is my 2nd comment but the first got lost retrieving my password!!! LOve you, Mom

dunnes4 said...

A very worthy blog update - his quilt is awesome. I'm also quite relieved not to be looking at our hung parliament anymore!!! :)

Unknown said...

I love the quilt, Heather! And what a cute little bag - I keep meaning to make something like it and never do. You sound like me, so many great projects and ideas on the go or on the mind. It's hard to know which one to work on next :)

First House on the Right said...

What a great job you've done Heather, as someone who cannot sew or quilt I am very impressed! Bet Benny loves it!