Thursday, July 22, 2010

Travelling by train

Today I took the train to work. I've been looking forward to this for a few weeks now since I learned we were moving our office further into Sydney. For the past 3-4 years I've been driving down to Sydney for one day a week. It's been alright. Just for the that one day. When I first moved here 8 years ago I had full time work in Sydney. That lasted for about 9 months because I just didn't feel safe driving on the F3. Driving can be so dangerous and I've had a few close calls where my guardian angel has had to work overtime. So now I have to go a bit further in but I get to rest and relax. I can read, stitch, sleep, eat, people watch, gaze out the window and not have to worry about crazy drivers. I hope to do this for a little while as I'm finding it rather peaceful. I"m not sure I could hack it everyday but for my 1-2 days a week it will be a blessing.

1 comment:

Jo said...

lovely lovely. I adore peaceful sleepy train travel. hope you can enjoy it :)