Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My writing.

Magnolia tree from my front yard that has since expired. Canon 350d


I so wish I could be dedicated to writing on this blog everyday. I stalk quite a few blogs and thoroughly enjoy reading what other people are up to. I get inspired by activities, photos, crafts, projects and lifestyle choices. So I figure other people wouldn't mind reading about me. However, I have never been good at keeping a journal. I can't count how many journals or diaries I have started and then petered out by the fifth day. I can't explain it. Maybe I get bored. Maybe I get distracted. Maybe I just forget. But nevertheless there isn't any regularity to my record keeping.

Maybe one thing is that I think no one will care about reading my diaries in years to come. But I would love to read my Grandmas' or my Mom's diary of what she was thinking when she was my age. Perhaps my children or grandchildren may find what I've written of some interest. Maybe I'll find it interesting in 20 years from now! But I'll never know if I never keep a record of my life! So I might as well keep this going as much as possible.

My good friend Jo has been updated her blog a bit more regularly and got me thinking about mine. I've had this blog since 2006 (4 years!!). I really want to keep a more regular record of whats going on in my life. So this is my attempt. I won't promise to write every day. I won't set myself up for unrealistic expectations of myself. But I will try. Because I can.

2 comments:

Jo said...

yeah!!!! do it! I'll read it :)

Jo said...

ps I do think you are the only person who read my blog!lol!