Tuesday, July 20, 2010

27 months


Today Benzen is 2 years and 3 months old. Growing, maturing, learning, talking, adapting and loving. He is so keen to explore and learn and sometimes I feel a little inadequate to be the one to get to walk beside through his life. What happens if I miss to teach him instruction or forget to let him learn on his own? What if he is not doing enough drawing or reading or outdoor play? I know that kids are resilient and part of my job is to allow him to explore as much as he can. I also don't want him to be overwhelmed with what I think he should be doing. Motherhood is so rewarding and I really like being a Mom. More than just loving Benzen, I actually like him. He's fun. He's challenging. He's my son.

The new activity that Benny likes doing this week is pushing the bar stools around and getting up to see what's going on. This photo he pushed the chair into the pantry and had to yell out "Mommy help me". And you know what he wanted? Fruity bix. He wanted dried cereal as a snack. He then proceeded later that night, to pass on my hot cooked me for dried Fruity bix. I wasn't the least bit insulted!!



Part of bedtime ritual is brushing teeth. I bought this cute little doggie where Benny's toothbrush can hang. It's just low enough so he can reach by himself. I think he'd be happy to brush his teeth all day as long as he had the toothpaste in his other hand!


The last few nights Benny has been climbing out of his cot. He did this a couple of months ago and then stopped. I think he was happy just knowing he could if he wanted to. Now he's back at it. But he's happy and doesn't make a big fuss. He'll push all his blankets and stuff animals out of his cot first and then climb out. He'll then knock on the door and let us know he's out or push his books under the door. Subtle. So, yesterday, to avoid a broken neck, we took off the side and put the lower bar on. I felt quite handy, even though it was only a couple of screws I had to put in. But rewarding nonetheless!
I made the quilt on the bed when Benzen was born and the next quilt will be for his single size bed. It will be a surf theme, hence the shark stuffed animal.

And this morning Benny called for me "Mommy, wake up!!". (Still not sure if he's telling me HE has woken up or telling ME to wake up!)

No comments: