Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Red sky in the morning . . .

Well I don't think the sailor would care about this red sky. Yesterday we had incredible winds (90km/h plus) that in turn has brought in the red dust from the outback! The photos are untouched! Eery lighting when I woke at 6 am. On windy, windy days Canberra becomes engulfed with dust. I think this is the first time it's been this bad here. Even the inside of our house smells dusty and that's with the windows closed. Incredible. I just checked my facebook account and it's what everyone is saying on their status updates. One of my friends' kids said "there's something weird happening in the sky. I thought Jesus was coming". If only!



Down our road:Driving down College Dr in to the college grounds:
Near the boom gate:
One thing that makes me happy is when there is quiteness in the house and I find Benny 'reading' his books. This particular book is about trucks -happily left by his cousin Carter. Benny just went and finds his own books and reads them. I have a couple of 'singing' books - books that ae songs, such as Old Macdonald, The Wheels On The Bus, He's Got The Whole World In His Hands. If I don't sing read them Benny looks up and points to my mouth - like I should be singing to him. I'm so pleased he hasn't realized that I may be a bit tone deaf!!

Today we're off to a ABA (australian breastfeeding association) meeting. I've just joined this recently when I needed to ring a breastfeeding counselor. She was extremely helpful and encouraging and I joined the group so I could support others. Breastfeeding is something that I believe in and I want to encourage others to do the best they can. This group provides free counseling and puts out a really good magazine every other month. So that's our plan for this morning. Then a trip to the grocery store and a pot of curry and rice to make.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all such amazing photos Mrs Burza... you're an amazing woman and mummy. Love seeing your pics. Love Neda xx

Philip said...

Can't believe those pictures aren't retouched! Thanks for the trip down memory (make that College!) lane.

Heather Dawn said...

Thanks for the photos Heather! Wish we could of experienced it in person. And then let someone else clean the house!