Thursday, August 09, 2007

Random thoughts



Wouldn't I love to know what Chewy is thinking. With a look like that . . . who's to know??












My in-laws have graciously given me a beautiful old bank desk for my art room. The tables I've had before would shake a bit when my sewing machine would get up to speed. This table has been stored in their garage and I thought it would look rather nice in my art room. Now my plan is to paint and recover some old chairs that I found down in this shack on our property. I'll share photos when I get them done!!!







One of the biggest hates that I have is folding laundry. Much to the embarrassment of my parents this is my guest bedroom. The laundry comes off the line and gets put on the bed. When I get tired of the look then I'll eventually fold it. My first college roommate, Shauna, would fold my laundry for me while I would read a story. She knew how much I hated folding. She's truly a gracious person!




Here in Australia we hang our laundry out to dry. In winter that can be a little tricky. I finally convinced Colin to buy me a dryer! (Probably a week after my family left who had been here for a month!!) So, they'll just have to come again to use it!!









My gorgeous Leah. Playing cutesy. Love my dogs. Always.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your news and views - love the photos, the haircut, the dryer, the books BUT not the brown snake baby!! Congratulations on your fifth - seems like yesterday but I know so much has happened it could not possibly be......Love you both, Mom

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have lived this long without a dryer... maybe I can't live in Aussieland!

I am so happy for you! Now it should make things a little easier, but I still don't think Shauna will come and fold your clothes while you read! Sorry!

Love Christina

Neda Scale said...

I always love seeing your photos Heather, you are so clever! I really missed you when Daz and I watched the city to surf on the TV. Good on you for doing it again! Did you get my sms? We were looking for you but no luck! haha. Yes, Jalen is really getting a personality now and making me laugh lots. Can't wait to see you at Christmas..
Love Neda x x

hidalgos said...

by the way, my blog address is
www.karihidalgo.blogspot.com

come visit! i only have one entry so far(:

The Sénéchals said...

Hi Heather,
I have a question..I have friends going to Australia for a month in Nov/Dec and they have a 4 month old girl. They are wanting to rent a camperized van for 2 weeks and having a hard time finding one that will accommodate a car seat. All they can find are larger ones that specificy front facing seats. Do you have different laws down there? Are infants under 1 year old allowed to face the front? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,
Kim