Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Little surprises at Maplegum


The beauty of living in the country is the wildlife that we get to see. These guys were found shortly after we moved in and Colin took these photos. The photo below shows how little they were. Kind of reminded me of the books I used to read as a kid "Frog and Toad Together". Did anyone else read these books? Can you imagine if these little guys fell in the pool? Disastrous!! There are down sides of finding wildlife. Just the other day Colin killed a baby brown snake. They sound simple but they happen to be the deadliest in Australia. And it was a baby. Where's the momma??? Just had to share this cute photo with you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, I read Frog and Toad stories to both Carter and Alannah this past few months (different times of course). Just come for a visit and you'll probably hear them again as well!I also got Charlotte's Web (the old movie) finally and Carter really liked it so that was fun. I loved the song in it "Life is Great".... but I have to watch the movie again to get all the words right. Up in the Cathedrals this past week at 3000 m (I know it doesn't seem high) but it was still lots of work to get up there...anyway I tried singing that song every day. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I just wanted to email my best wishes to you through your blog. Hope you are feeling better as you have a weekend off and don't have to stress about calling in to work!

Love you! Christina