Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Some scrapbooking and cards

I just thought I'd share a few of my hobbies. I have my fingers in a few different things and enjoy dabbling in a bit of art!! These photos are a few samples of what I do. If anyone would like some cards made, I'd be happy to oblige. I welcome any orders and you might even get a discount!

The little girl is my gorgeous niece Alannah who lives in Canada. She is the daughter of my brother Michael and his wife Lisa! As you can tell, she is one little cutie!!








Other than that today was a normal Tuesday. A coolish day, but a pleasant one nonetheless. I am begin adventurous tonight and am making red lentil soup. Haven't made it before so we'll see who eats it all - us or the dogs!!

Oh, I should mention what a disappointment it was for Australia to lose to Italy in the world cup! I even got up at 1 am to watch the game live and was terribly disappointed when they lost due to a really stupid call in the dying seconds of the game. A penalty kick was awarded to Italy and they scored and won the game. According to the radio reports, the referees have not been up to scratch during most of the games during this world cup! A pity. But it has been fun cheering on the Aussies in their quest! Perhaps we'll try again in another 4 years!

I better go check my soup! Thanks for reading my ramblings and leave a comment so I know you've visited!! :)

4 comments:

Much Ado said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, much appreciated. Australia did really well and I agree the penalty given to Italy was unfair. I blogged today about the world cup! Spain got knocked out last night (we live in Spain), so it is pretty subdued here this morning. Love your cards by the way, they are beautiful!

Janelle Wind said...

Heather I am so proud of you for sharing your Lo's and cards with us here. You are so clever and I can't wait to see what you create next. TFS x Janelle

Eloise said...

Hi Heather,
I just went to your blog via Heidi's, but I actually saw a lot of your wonderful pictures at your Mom's one evening recently. Your Nepal pics are wonderful, and I enjoyed your card making pics. I am into that hobby now too. Should enjoy it even more now that I am fully retired, well, you know, besides church, Sabbath School, volunteering at the Cancer Centre........Glad to be "retired" though. Eloise Kneller

Anonymous said...

I now realize that I should stop scrapbooking... you are phenomenal! I think that you should submit that page of your neice to a magazine. And I think I should never submit anything I have made. Wowsers! I wish I could be close to you just to soak in some of your talent. I love you my friend and miss you tons!