Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Colin's Birthday

June 5 was Colin's 34th birthday! Unfortunately he had to work, but such is life eh? I have to share a fantastic photo of Colin taken in the Himalayas in April.

And yes, that's Mt Everest just near his right foot. This photo was taken at the top of Goyko Ri which is 5500m! What a day that was. For those of you who don't know, we went to Nepal in April and went trekking for 3 weeks. An amazing experience. Amazing.

This was one of Colin's b-day presents that hangs in our living room:


And then today we received a package from our guide, Lhakpa, that had our t-shirts of our group and our certificates from the Nepal Mountainerring Association! Excellent.

The front:
The back:

My certificate:


And Colin's certificate:


Nepal is definately in our blood now. I feel such a connection to the place and hearing the stories of climbing, survival and death on Mt Everest this climbing season definately has a new meaning to me now.

I'll leave you with those photos for now. Hope no ones computer crashed! Feel free to make comments. The security code is so that I don't get a lot of rubbish. Thanks for reading!

:)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm waiting to hear more about your Nepal trip. What a great experience. I loved it when I was there in 1996 and vowed I'd go back - that was 10 years ago. How time flies. I'm thinking of trying trekking in Bhutan next year as Nepal seems a little unstable? How'd you find it? Would love to hear more about your trip. Extremely jealous! I'm excited you have a blog - it's sure a great way to keep in touch. Take care, Heidi

Delena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Delena said...

Happy Biffy Col!! You guys are hard core adventurers now with certificates and all. Hopefully we'll encounter some more adventures when we meet in New Zealand.

Zaak said...

Cool certificates. I want one.