Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Spring has sprung!

The big milestone for this month is that Benzen has found his feet and likes to put them in his mouth. Talk about flexible. I'm getting to a Pilates class once a week and I can only dream of getting my head anywhere near my feet! I love the pure happiness that Benzen has about everything. Just opening his blinds in the morning brings a great big smile to his face. Making funny noises brings out a giggle in him! Love it.

Heather and I are having great times just hanging out together. I think we are taking full advantage of this year together. With three kids between us we need to shuffle car seats around between our vans to get around. Friday got us out on a walk and then grocery shopping before Carter's tennis lesson. This is what shopping and a van full of car seats looks like .

A smile for Benzen's Grampa Wright.
It seems to me that the month of September which is the first month of Spring has definitely brought warmer weather. This winter in particular has been a bit chilly and I've been hanging for warmer weather. Sabbath brought a glorious day of sunshine. We got to Sabbath school and then decided to skip church to go on a picnic. We took Philip, Heather, Carter and Madeline along with Grampa Ron and Gramma Robyn to Shingle Splitters. There was warm wind and good food! Bring on more picnics I say!



Avondale school had a fun day which I have never attended in the past 6 years. Having kids gives me plenty of excuses to do things I don't normally do. So loading the kids into the vans off we went. Jumping castles, food stalls, baby animals, book sale (does it get any better than 50 cent books) and the highlight for Philip and Carter was a helicopter ride! I was thoroughly impressed with what they had there and will plan to go again next year.
Heather and I decided to be a bit adventurous and left the kiddies with Philip and Colin and headed to the shops. I had full intentions of getting some new summer tops and a new swimsuit but came away with two pair of pants! Just what happens I guess. All it means is that we'll have to go again another day!!
Monday finally saw me able to clean the pool and finish up all the folding! I have my daily to-do lists that I actually take all week to complete. And that's okay. This week we've got our tax man appointment and I need to finish a manual I've been working on for work. I have a few letters I want to post and a list of things to get ready for big camp! A day of work, a trip to Ikea and a session on starting solids! A little busy but manageable.
Today: a walk is on the agenda and the manual to work on. Otherwise let's just play and make noises!

2 comments:

Mom said...

the fair looks like so much fun - and then there is the tax man. How do you know it isn't a woman???

Mom said...

We need to monitor if Benzen turns out to be an executive or not - look at those crossed ankles! You will have to teach him about the effect that position has on blood pressure! he is such a sweetie!!!