Thursday, September 11, 2008

Here I am again.

Hi! Over the past few days I've had a few people mention to me that I haven't updated my blog in awhile. It got me thinking that people actually check it and like it! So thank you. I have never been someone who has kept a faithful journal or diary. I've got a few travel journals that have started out well and well by the third day has dwindled off. So I don't have high expectations of this little thing but I'll post when I've been inspired.

So on to all the news over the past 7 months . . .

My little man Benzen Ron Burzacott born April 20, 2008. What an amazing day of his birth day. I found the delivery empowering, scary, short, exhilarating and oh so worth it! I had a midwife who was so right for me and Colin. She was able to read me and got me to where I wanted to be.

We picked the name Benzen about a week before he was born. We liked the short forms of Ben so we decided to go for a little bit of a twist and throw the z into the name. We know of no other Benzen so he can grow into the name and make it his own. Ron is for Colin's dad who we both admire so much. He is kind, considerate, thoughtful and someone who adores his family. And the Burzacott part is to link us all together!

This photo was taken on the first ride in the car on the way home from hospital. In the past 4 1/2 months Benzen usually loves his car rides. He can fall asleep and enjoys talking to anyone who is in the car.


So much wonderful things have happened since Benzen was born. I will try and share with photos and stories over the next little while. But one of the most special things that have happened is that my brother Philip, his wife Heather and their two kids Carter and Madeline have moved to Australia for a year. Can I just say how spoiled I am?? This was one of the first photos of Madeline giving Benzen a cuddle when she first met him. Yeah, it's blurry but isn't that the way life is? Both Carter and Madeline adore Benzen and love to give him lots of love and cuddles. This next year will be full of life, love and happiness!


I'll leave you with those photos for now. As for today I've got about 4 loads of laundry to fold (my least favourite job ever), papers to organize for the tax man, clean the pool , make my bed, run a few errands and get out for a walk. Spaghetti and meat balls are on the menu for dinner tonight. And I get to hear about Carter's swimming lesson today! I'm off to hang a load to laundry out!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's great to see your new post. I've missed seeing them over the last few months. Benzen is so cute. He's really growing, isn't he. And he'll have lots of fun with his cousins over the next year. Have a great weekend.

Love,
Heidi

Heather Dawn said...

Yeah!!! You're back! Well, I will enjoy this, although being right here with you is so much better any! We feel lucky too and are enjoying sweet Benzen sooooo much.

Mom said...

Hurray! You are back - I always love your photos and comments and today I just thought should I bother checking Heather's blog - she has neglected it for so long. But I went ahead anywayjust in case the mysterious bump on your belly had been replaced by the gorgeous little fellow we have all come to love and treasure - - - and there he was. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing my sweet daughter! Love Mom

Delena said...

What a nice surprise! Benzen is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather. Enjoyed reading about your activities. You are all having a great time together. Benzen is sure changing. Love you all.