Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No more lying around!

This little man ain't happy just lying around in his pram anymore. Benzen usually gets to snuggle up in his cocoon in his Phil and Teds pram but now he wants to sit up and see the world. Yesterday we were out on our walk and he was trying to tell me that he had had enough of looking up at Mr Pink-Foot-Rabbit and his chymes. He wanted to see what was going on and check it out! I, of course, just thought he was hungry or just cranky for being out in the wind. I tried jogging to cheer him up - that wasn't it. I tried soothing him with the dummy - that wasn't it. I finally thought "hey, maybe he wants to sit up?" The moment, the moment, I rearranged the seating arrangement and got him up = HAPPY LITTLE FELLA! (That's all he was trying to tell me all along. Mom just has to figure it out by herself. Sometimes I'm just a slow learner.)

Now I've got to put the handy little bar across his seat so he doesn't fall out the front! It was also good timing that Benzen wanted to sit up because he has basically grown out of the cocoon. And conveniently the warmer weather is coming so he doesn't have to be bundled quite as much. (By the way - Benny is in the pram in the above picture. Just tucked away nicely having a nap while Colin played his last game of footy a few weeks back).

Today I worked again. It makes it so much easier having Colin come to work with me and look after Benny while I work. Colin brings in Benny for a feed and then they go out together and just hang out. That's what they get to do - just hang out. We'll see how long we can manage this!

I got back to my Pilates class again today too. Gotta work on my hamstring length. Terribly tight. But the class is good for me. And luckily for me Heather came too. What that meant was that Colin got to babysit three children! Wii and doritos was what kept the kiddies entertained!

Still trying to get my papers for the tax man sorted. What I don't understand is how much it costs to go the tax man to do my taxes for me, yet they do nothing to help me get myself organized. A checklist would be helpful to make sure I have all my paperwork. The tax office sends out packets of information to help people like me (ignorant accounting people that is) but yet accountants go to school for 4 years to be able to do tax. Right. A bit unfair if you ask me!! Anyways, I'll try and get it sorted by Friday. Doom day. But the refund cheque is always nice and I won't complain about that!

I just have one request - would the warm weather please come back! You were here and now you're gone. We miss you.

2 comments:

bilbo said...

4 years = accountant = taxes. you make it sound so easy.

try - undergrad degree + two masters degrees + CPA = outsource taxes: too hard.

Mom said...

I must say that Benzen has been kind to you not to insist on sitting earlier than now. When I babysat him Aug 14 and he loudly protested that flat lying stroller ride, I made sure the next week Aug 21 that he had a chance to sit up. Only trouble was that on that historic day a birdie let loose her droppings right on the top of Benzen's head. I don't know how many sanitizer wipes it took to clean his head off but Benzen did end up with one very clean head. The most fun was back at the clinic and the great hilarity we shared in the mother's room. Your clients must have wondered what was going on in there as we laughed our heads off at Benzen's expense. Benzen is such a delightful character. Sure do miss you all. Love Mom